MHAFB Repair, Renovation & Addition Bldg 278
This project provides a full and complete design for repairs and addition to 389 Fighter Squadron Operations (Squad Ops) Facility at Building 278 on Mountain Home Air Force Base (MHAFB). The project includes an approximate 49-foot by 35-foot (1,700 square foot) addition to the existing secured area and an approximate 16-foot by 35-foot (560 square foot) mechanical room to better accommodate user needs. The project will also renovate and repair the existing 18,983 square foot facility, to include:
- Reconfigure the existing secured area to better accommodate user needs and new facility addition. Work includes demolition of existing and construction of new walls and doors, reconfiguration of mantrap and mass briefing room, and removal and replacement of majority of utility infrastructure (including telecommunications and intrusion detection).
- Provide a low-slope membrane roof system on the new facility addition and modify the existing roof as required to integrate the addition.
- Demolish existing exterior window and door systems; design and construct new blast-rated systems which comply with DoD Antiterrorism criteria.
- Demolish and replace existing heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, equipment, and ductwork throughout the facility. Provide commissioning services as specified.
- Selective demolition and replacement of existing electrical system (main service drop, main panel, sub panels, and wiring between panels).
- Removal of all combustible materials from attic space; removal and replacement of attic insulation as described.
- New fire suppression system, to include replacement of existing fire detection and alarm systems and installation of new wet pipe sprinklers and mass notification.
- Demolish existing interior lighting fixtures and provide new LED lighting and occupancy sensors.
- Modify restroom layouts to comply with Architectural Barriers Act (ABA) requirements; renovate to provide all new fixtures and finishes. Replace existing drinking fountain.
- Modify and renovate the lounge to replace existing plumbing fixtures and counters and provide new finishes.
- Demolish existing lay-in ceiling and provide new acoustical ceiling system.
- Demolish existing carpet throughout and replace with new.
- Site layout, grading, utility, and landscape improvements required to accommodate facility addition, renovation, and Antiterrorism compliance efforts.